Become a Member Today
VPA Principal Class Membership
VPA Principal Class membership is open to individuals who hold, or who have held, principal class positions with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development/ Department of Education and Training: http://vpa.org.au/uploaded_files/media/vpa__2015_membership_form_october.pdf
VPA Associate Membership
VPA Associate Membership is open to individuals who hold, or who have held, leading teacher positions with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development/Department of Education and Training: http://vpa.org.au/uploaded_files/media/vpa_2015_associate_membership_form_october.pdf
What we Offer
Professional Services and Support
- Information and Advice: Our VPA Member Advisors, experienced former Principals, provide confidential information and support when you need it and can assist you with Work Safe, Merit Protection Board and Equal Opportunity Commission preparation.
- Online Communication: Members receive the weekly VPA eletter with the latest education news to keep you up-todate on the information and issues that matter. The VPA website, and our online Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin communities connect and support you in your leadership role.
- Collegiate Networking: The VPA provides opportunities to attend regular regional meetings and events such as the VPA Annual Conference and Statewide Forum.
- A Strong and Respected Voice: The VPA represents members’ views and issues to government and the media at state level.
- National Representation: As a VPA member you are represented at federal level by both the Australian Primary Principals Association (APPA) and the Australian Government Primary Principals Association (AGPPA).
- Professional Learning Workshops: VPA subsidised professional learning programs encompass the many aspects of school leadership, including:
- The highly regarded Principals as Literacy Leaders (PALL) program
- Workshops on workforce planning, financial management, conflict resolution, performance management and wellbeing.
- Programs for aspiring leaders
- The VPA Annual Conference provides an outstanding two day program of renowned speakers with many opportunities to share ideas and best practice with colleagues.
- School Tours
- VPA Study Awards available annually
- International Study Trip Programs
‘The VPA has significantly broadened my network of colleagues, depth of knowledge and appreciation of its ongoing advocacy
for Principal Class.’
Dale Power, Principal, Miners Rest Primary School
‘The VPA provides the opportunity to expand professional networks and increase awareness of current trends and developments in education. I would encourage all Principal Class Officers (and in particular Assistant Principals) to join the VPA as the effect of a collection of people is far greater than just one person.’
Joanne Menzel, Assistant Principal, Kennington Primary School
‘The VPA provides independent, timely advice and support on some of the difficult day to day problems which arise for
Principals. It is a great organisation to be a part of as it deals solely with the issues of the Principal Class.’
Bryan Nolan, Principal, Oak Park Primary School
‘The VPA is important to me as a Principal Class member as it provides a strong avenue for advocating and influencing department policy and decision making. Said simply it allows our voice to be heard. With the continuous changes that have occurred in education, it is extremely important that we belong to an organisation like the VPA that provides expert and knowledgeable support and advice and continuously advocates on our behalf.’
Anne-Maree Kliman, Principal, St Albans East Primary School
Our Mission: Outstanding Leaders, World Class Schools
Our Values: Collegiality, Integrity, Learning, Commitment and Representation