Now in it’s 3rd year, the Mental Health in Education Summit has provided actionable advice and insights for educators from around Australia. In 2019 the event shifts focus to a holistic approach at mental health – from students to staff to community groups and principals.
A NESA approved event, worth 20 hours of professional development, hear case studies and keynotes from over 20 educators on the everyday and longterm concerns surrounding student, teacher and principal mental health.
At The Mental Health in Education Summit you will learn:
- Social media’s effect on perfectionism and depression
- Stress and anxiety versus serious mental illness and how to differentiate
- Looking after your own wellbeing and building resilience in your staff
- Building partnerships with parents and community organisations to ensure student success and wellbeing
- Helping students build their own mental and emotional resilience
- How to identify the right mental health resources for your school
- Early invention and detection strategies