About this job
Middle School teachers are required to:
• Plan, prepare and teach programs to achieve specific student outcomes.
• Collaborate with colleagues to engage in critical reflection and inquiry in order to improve knowledge and skills to effectively engage students and improve their learning.
• Provide effective pastoral care to students as a subject teacher and/or Home Group Teacher.
• Carry out any other duties as required by the Head of Middle School, Deputy Head of Middle School,
Head of Learning Middle School, Head of Faculty, Deputy Principal or Principal Teacher of Maths and Science – Middle School 6 | OVERNEWTON ANGLICAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Key Selection Criteria Middle School Teachers will be expected to have:
• Enthusiasm for the ethos of the College, and a sense of excitement about learning for themselves as well as for their students.
• Detailed knowledge of Australian Curriculum as relevant to the position.
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching at relevant levels.
• Well-developed classroom management and communication skills, combined with an ability to engage students.
• Strong understanding and appreciation of the social, relational, attitudinal, physical and cognitive development of students of the relevant age-groups.
• Skills in negotiating the curriculum, managing group work and catering for a wide range of interests, learning styles and abilities.
• An ability to incorporate information and communication technologies as an integral part of curriculum.
• Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
• Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes.
• Support for and capacity to develop and maintain a positive tone and a classroom culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and College Values.
• Ongoing commitment to professional learning in the current theories and methodologies in academic performance and student well-being.
• Collaborative and proactive approaches to handling day to day matters.
• In line with our Christian ethos all appointed Educators must be able to teach Religious and Ethical Vocational Education for the year levels that they are appointed to teach core or specialist subjects.
• Willingness to contribute to Assemblies and Chapel Services. Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experiences
• Suitable teaching qualifications and relevant leadership experience.
• Post graduate qualifications, preferably at the Masters level.
• A sound knowledge of, or experience in a comparable independent school setting will be highly regarded