About this job
Townsville Catholic Education is seeking to employ a Speech Language Pathologist to provide effective, quality services to all schools across the Diocese. The Speech Language Pathologist will offer consultative services to facilitate learning outcomes for students who have additional educational support needs arising from significant communication difficulties. As a our Speech Language Pathologist you will work in collaboration with the Student Support Services with eligible Catholic school students. The position will be based in the Townsville Catholic Education Office and will entail significant amounts of time spent in Catholic Schools across the Diocese.
Purpose of the Role
The role and responsibilities of the Speech Language Pathologist will be to provide therapy services to students in schools. This involves working within a consultative framework including students, parents, teachers, learning support teachers, therapists, administration and external agencies. This role is aimed at strengthening the individual skills of students to access the curriculum as well as support and train teaching staff in program implementation and management. The Speech Language Pathologist will work cooperatively with the Principals and school staff to facilitate a holistic approach to learning for all students in our schools.
As our Speech Language Pathologist you will:
- Collaborate with state schools in the provision of specialised speech-language therapy services to assist students with special needs in communication to access, participate in and benefit from schooling.
- Participate as an active team member in a number of educational teams with particular emphasis on the delivery of speech-language therapy services as part of the educational program and towards educational outcomes.
- Promote the importance of language, speech, voice, fluency and oro-motor functioning as key student outcome areas underlying essential learning for all students.
In all of the above, the Speech Language Pathologist will have an understanding of and sensitivity to the ethos of a Catholic school.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Salary range:$74,857 - $96,104 (depending on experience)
- Up to 12.75% superannuation
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s) in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current practicing membership with Speech Pathology Australia Queensland.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills in dealing with a diverse range of students, school staff, parents/carers, community members and professionals from other agencies and organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and to form effective partnerships with other professionals, students and parents/carers.
- Capacity to facilitate, perform and interpret appropriate speech and language pathology assessments and to report findings to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective programs and monitor the progress of these programs, making adjustments as required specifically for students with a disability.
- Passionate about providing a quality service and contributing to the overall wellbeing of students, and achieving sustainable outcomes
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Ability to manage own caseload
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and build rapport
- Demonstrate initiative and good problem solving skills
- Must provide a current Working With Children Check and National Police Check
- Current driver’s license and own vehicle are essential
- Experience working with NDIS is highly desirable
How to Apply
Please complete the application form and upload a current resume with a covering letter referencing the selection criteria. Your resume should include referee details of your current line manager.
With reference to the Position Description, please provide a written response (in no more than 2 pages) including evidence of the skills and experience you bring to this role.
For a confidential conversation please contact Kimberlee Lynch - email@example.com
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 5.00 pm Wednesday 13th March 2019
Townsville Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.