(08) 7326 0200
About this job
- Help our students be the best they can be
- Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Multiple casual employment opportunities
- Casual hourly rate will depend on qualification and experience
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Recognised teaching qualifications are essential
- Based at Aspect Treetop School, Ashford, South Australia
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services. Aspect caters for over 1100 students in a network of 9 schools across metro and regional NSW and South Australia, with more than 100 classes in hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school.
About the School: Aspect Treetop School provides placement for up to 66 students on the autism spectrum. The school caters for all abilities across the spectrum for students from Reception to Year 10.
What you will do: Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach [ACA]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Plans. You will be part of a team which consists of the student, their family, school support officer (SSO) and other professionals such as Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
Small class sizes with a SSO for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students on the autism spectrum.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications (as determined by the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia)
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability
- Current Child-Related Employment Assessment (DCSI) and Reporting to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) certificate
- Valid SA Driver's Licence
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.