0417 550 519
About this job
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,200 students, with more than 100 classes hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school. Aspect is looking for passionate, enthusiastic and flexible teachers to work as members of person-centered multi-disciplinary teams.
What you will do: Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach [ACA]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Plans. You will be part of a special team of student, family, teacher’s aide and other professionals such as School Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
Small class sizes with a Teacher’s Aide for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students on the autism spectrum. Click here to view the Position Profile.
About the School: Aspect South East Sydney School provides placement for over 170 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 years from Peakhurst, as well as from 8 satellite classes within the within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in the South East Sydney region of Sydney.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications (as determined by NSW Education Standards Authority)
- Registration with NSW Education Standards Authority
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- Depending on the school's location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver's licence
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Joanne Tisdell, Principal, South East Sydney School on 0417 550 519.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.