0425 291 712
About this job
- Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Full time leadership role, 5 year maximum term January 2020 to December 2024
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based at Aspect Central Coast School, Terrigal, NSW with sites across the region
- Long established school with strong community connections
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,200 students, with more than 100 classes in hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school.
About the School: Aspect Central Coast School provides placement for over 130 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 years from Terrigal, as well as from 6 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in the region.
As Principal, you will lead a skilled, professional team to achieve positive outcomes for children on the autism spectrum, whilst actively contributing to the professional growth and development of Aspect's education services and strategic plan implementation.
About the role: Key responsibilities include:
- Providing expert educational leadership for a multi-site school community
- Promoting Aspect's vision, mission and values and uphold Aspect's family focused and person centred approach
- Leading and developing a team of Coordinators, Teachers, Teacher's Aides and School clerical staff
- Working with Aspect's Fundraising team and Parents and Friends group
- Overseeing the delivery of quality teaching and learning programs and comply with relevant legislation
- Promoting the school and needs of people with on the autism spectrum and liaise with government, other service providers and the wider community
- Working with a Business Manager to coordinate the operational functions of the school, and be supported by an Executive Principal
What you need to succeed: To be considered for this position, you will be an experienced, tertiary qualified teacher that is currently registered as a Proficient Teacher with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). Ideally, in addition to your teaching qualifications and experience, you will also ideally hold additional qualifications in special education, education leadership or disability services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Coordinator or Deputy Principal looking for a chance to take the next step up in their career.
We are looking for a visionary leader - someone who can think strategically, display resilience and inspire a team. You will work collaboratively with staff to improve teaching and learning opportunities and services and engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including families and children enrolled at the school.
Opportunities like this don't come around often so don't wait! To apply, please attach your updated resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
What we offer: Remuneration packages for Aspect Principals are based on student numbers of the school. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your cover letter and resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. An International Police Check clearance may also be required (if relevant).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Enquiries should be directed to: Lara Cheney, Executive Principal Aspect Hunter and Central Coast, Education on 0425 291 712.
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.