About this job
About the Role:
Senior Guidance Officers may be based in a region or school. The precise balance of duties in each setting will be determined by local needs. Senior Guidance Officers generally specialise in either Primary/Developmental or Secondary/Post Compulsory areas. It is likely that regions will need to cooperate to provide supervision from appropriately skilled Senior Guidance Officers across the Prep to Year -12 range.
As the Senior Guidance Officer, you will have responsibility for the following:
• Coordinate and maintain the provision of professional development in relation to guidance and counselling related skills.
• Provide direct guidance services to students as determined through consultation with Principals.
• Work with Principals and school based guidance officers to ensure the effective provision of guidance and counselling services directly to students.
• Coordinate and support the provision of guidance and counselling services to school in consultation with Principals.
• Develop and implement a system of technical and clinical supervision in collaboration with Principals to ensure the guidance services within the schools are appropriate. Psychoeducational practices, personal, career, course counselling and behaviour management interventions may be the focus of that supervision.
• Participate as a member on regional Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect (SCAN) teams as required and initiate, develop, maintain and promote effective multi-agency and multi-disciplinary networks that coordinate a holistic response to complex educational, personal, and vocational needs of children, students, and adults in schools and the community.
• Initiate, develop, maintain and promote effective multiagency and multidisciplinary networks that coordinate a holistic response to complex educational issues.
• Design and implement training programs for Guidance Officers In-Training and induction and supervisory programs for Guidance Officers On Probation.
For a full list of mandatory requirements please see the attached role description.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.