About this job
Principal – St Joseph Catholic Primary, Grenfell
Location: St Joseph’s Primary School (K-6) Grenfell
Closing date: Sunday, 8 August 2021 at 11:55pm
Contractual term: Full-time, fixed-term
Start date: 2022 or as negotiated
Who are we?
Catholic Education Archdiocese Canberra & Goulburn (CECG) is a leading education provider in the Canberra and southern NSW region. We have city, rural, coastal and remote schools in an area of 88,000 square kilometres from Pambula in the south to Goulburn and Crookwell in the north and west to Lake Cargelligo. The System is comprised of 29 schools and 8 early learning centres in the ACT and 27 schools in NSW. We educate approximately 21,000 students and have over 2000 staff.
About the role
Principals of Catholic schools are called to live and promote our Vision – to share and witness to our Catholic Faith and Traditions, build inclusive communities and deliver contemporary quality learning opportunities for every person.
St Joseph’s Grenfell is a warm and vibrant Catholic school from Kindergarten - Year 6 located in the beautiful south-west slopes region of New South Wales. Our dedicated staff, wonderful students, parents and friends work together to provide the best learning outcomes for our students.
We are seeking candidates who can commit to the purpose of our schools: namely “To be faith filled Catholic learning communities of hope, joy and wonder where all are welcome and inspired to grow to their potential.”
We are also looking for a Principal who will actively engage with the community and grow school enrolments under their leadership.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Belong to a supportive network of schools
- Opportunities to further develop professionally as an educational leader
- Make a positive difference to the lives of staff, students, parents and the broader community
- Relocation support for candidates not within the local area
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Practising Catholic with a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education, and an understanding of the leadership role in Catholic education
- Have academic qualifications additional to initial teacher education (Master’s degree or five year equivalent)
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of curriculum, assessment and student welfare issues including child protection
- Experience in leading inclusive teaching and learning communities
- Demonstrated capacity to make data informed decisions to inform teaching and learning
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the use of Information and communication technologies to both engage students in their learning and prepare them for an increasingly technological society
- Demonstrated experience in building teacher capacity and managing performance of individuals and teams
- Demonstrated capacity to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to improve teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective change agent with the ability to influence across a wide range of stakeholders including parents, other systemic principals, Catholic Education personnel and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet the five leadership practices of our Leadership Framework
- Be accredited, or willing to undergo accreditation, to teach Religious Education in a Catholic school.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter including statements made against the five (1-5) leadership practices outlined in the applicant pack
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- At least four (4) referees, one of whom is your Catholic Priest.
Please apply via the link
The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CEO policy.