About this job
As part of the Internal Audit team, your role is key in the development and management of data analytic routines, development of dashboard reports, delivery of various information system, operational and efficiency audits and related activities across all areas of the department's operations to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes ensuring quality assurance over work performed.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and lead Internal Audit data analytics and visualisation capabilities through the implementation and management of a data analytics platform, primarily using ACL, ACL Direct Link and Power BI, with the view to enhance the controls monitoring capability across major departmental systems and effectiveness of audit work undertaken across the branch.
- Actively contribute and assist in the implementation of the data strategy for the Internal Audit Branch.
- Plan, conduct and lead information systems, operational and efficiency audits, reviews and investigations of the department's operations utilising contemporary audit tools and techniques in accordance with branch methodology.
- Supervising other audit professionals, reviewing their work, providing feedback, mentoring and coaching on audit assignments.
- Providing helpful and practical advice and guidance to clients, both during audits and in general, with respect to improving the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes over their operations.
- Assist with the system administration of Internal Audit's core audit management software, data analytics and visualisation tools.
- Apply knowledge of applicable legislation, Auditing Standards, industry better practice, and contemporary auditing tools and techniques.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. #LI-PRIORITY