About this job
About the Role
The Science Curriculum Writer is responsible for creating units of work which include detailed PowerPoint lessons, assessments, teacher guides and student worksheets. The units of work form part of GGSA’s Class curriculum for primary aged students (F-6) that are to be implemented in remote Queensland schools. These units are created using the Explicit Direct Instruction pedagogical approach, are developed to align with the Australian Curriculum standards, and draw on Indigenous perspectives and community knowledge.
Applicants must demonstrate experience in the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Science
- Knowledge of Direct Instruction and Explicit Direct Instruction models
- Experience in leading and undertaking education related research, analysis and design;
- Exceptional research, communication skills (oral and written), IT skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint), and strong organisational and time management skills;
- Willingness to travel away from base location to spend time visiting regional and remote areas of Australia;
- Ability to obtain a working with children check (QLD Blue Card); and
- Ability to obtain a successful police check.
How to Apply
Applicants need to submit a resume and an application letter that addresses the essential selection criteria above. GGSA does not consider applications who do not address the selection criteria.
If you are looking for the next stage of your career and have a desire to contribute to a not-for-profit organisation that supports Australian schools, we'd love to hear from you!