About this job
About the role
The key work of the role involves:
- Provide expert advice in the areas of policy, research and curriculum development to support the Central Queensland Region strategic direction in relation to the Australian Curriculum.
- Manage the inclusive Currciulum, Teaching and Learning Team to identify and explore new and emerging curriculum issues.
- Support the Director, State Schooling to strategically plan, organise and implement curriculum programs and projects aligned to the state-wide requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to the region's Inclusive Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Team and schools with implementing the Australian Curriculum and effective research-based inclusive pedagogical practices.
- Work collaboratively with other departmental business units, education institutions, and creative industries around development opportunities and the upskilling of the existing workforce, focused on elevating teacher capability.
- Provide high level advice and support to the Regional Director and Director State Schooling and other senior officers of the region on policy and strategy relating to the Australian Curriculum and effective pedagogical practices.
- Evaluate the activities and work practices within the functional area of the position to ensure alignment with changing corporate goals.
- Develop, lead and manage the Inclusive Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Team, regional initiatives and coordinate the development of systemic initiatives relating to curriculum priorities.
- Ensure the optimal use of human and financial resources to achieve agreed goals, oversee the management of State and Commonwealth funds and manage reporting requirements.
- Ensure the quality and timely completion of designated deliverables aligned to the operational plan.
- Develop and share discussion and research papers to challenge and extend thinking related to curriculum design and implementation, promoting thought leadership within the Curriculum team and the wider education community.
- Work collaboratively with the other business units at the Centre to build the capabilities of the Inclusive Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Team with a focus on inclusive curriculum, teaching and learning.
- Prepare briefing materials, correspondence, papers and reports and other documents for the Director State Schooling, the Executive Leadership Team and other stakeholders and audiences.
How to Apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history).
- Attach a 2-page written statement in response to the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.