0403 807 637
About this job
Aspect's School Network: : Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services. Aspect caters for over 1100 students in a network of 9 schools across metro and regional NSW and South Australia, with more than 100 classes in hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school. Aspect is looking for passionate, enthusiastic and flexible teachers to work as members of person-centered multi-disciplinary teams.
What you will do: Collaborate with a team of specialists including teachers, teacher's aides, school therapists, coordinators, administrators and other Aspect staff to deliver our evidence-informed, student focused autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach [ACA]. Use a person-centred and family-focused approach to ensure the delivery of quality educational standards. As a core member of the school's Leadership Team, you will lead and supervise the teaching team and partner parents, carers and other members of the school community. To view the full position profile, please click here.
About the School: Aspect Riverina School provides placement for over 100 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 from Albury, as well as from 4 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in Albury and Wagga Wagga.
- Oversee and support staff to develop and implement an IP for each student
- Recruit, induct and train staff and provide ongoing support and supervision
- Manage staff operational issues and support Principal with performance management
- Assist Principal with daily operational running of the school
- Develop knowledge/practice from other professionals in collaboration with the school's Leadership Team
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff/colleagues
- Coordinate school events, programs and activities as required
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications as determined by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Registration with NSW NESA
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including team support
- Experience working with students with autism or other intellectual disability
- Experience in developing IP's and curriculum for students with autism or other intellectual disability preferred
- NSW Working With Children Check
- Depending on the school's location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver's licence (per relevant state legislation)
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please attach your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Jane Carrington, Deputy Principal, Aspect Rivinera School on 02 6057 3777.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.