About this job
The School is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic applicant to undertake the role of Laboratory Technician, commencing mid January 2021. This is a permanent, part time position working 37.5 hours per week during term time (40 weeks per year).
The position is responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient Chemistry laboratory programme for Year 11 and 12 students under the leadership of the Head of Science. As the successful applicant, you will bring a collaborative, proactive and enthusiastic approach to working with Chemistry students and staff and the broader Science department.
The Laboratory Technician will:
- Design, prepare, deliver, demonstrate and clean-up practical sessions.
- Order, monitor and maintain chemical supplies.
- Maintain the Chemistry laboratories.
- Prepare course booklets and undertake administrative duties to support the delivery of the SACE and IB Chemistry programs.
- Maintain the Register of Hazardous Substances and complete Risk Assessments for all practicals.
The requirements are:
- Experience working in a similar role, preferably in a senior secondary school environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS issues applicable in the laboratory environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders, particularly young people.
- A collaborative, innovative and proactive approach.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
Pembroke School provides staff with a supportive and dynamic working environment, opportunities for professional development and the capacity to make a valuable and meaningful contribution to the operation of the School.
If this sounds like your ideal role then we want to hear from you!