About this job
About the Role
Cranbrook School is seeking an experienced Lab Technician to provide support to the Science Department with laboratory requests from various disciplines of Science: Chemistry, Biology, Geology and Physics within the School.
The primary purpose of the Service Delivery Team Leader / System Administrator position is to manage the ICT Service Desk team and operations while providing an effective communication conduit between the business, school, and service desk with a focus on service delivery and internal customer satisfaction. The role also encompasses the systems administration of multiple SaaS applications and the Schools Mac fleet.
This role plays an integral support component to enable the successful rollout of the multiple technology initiatives already in progress and delivering benefits to Cranbrook IT’s customers – its staff, students and parents.
- Service Delivery
- Service Desk Operation and Management of Team
- Project Management and Participation
- System Compliance
- System Documentation
- General ICT Responsibilities
A full position description can be found on our website https://www.cranbrook.nsw.edu.au/about/employment.aspx
- Demonstrable industry experience, including a minimum of two years leading a Service Desk
- Demonstrable industry experience using an IT Help Desk application
- Demonstrable industry knowledge and experience in the practical administration of client operating systems and managed software
- Demonstrable Service desk related technical systems administration experience – User accounts, device preparation, user data administration, backup and restore, cloud services (O365, Google, etc)
- Liaising with software application vendors to ensure a reliable, secure, seamless and timely application work environment for the school
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL and ICT Change Management
- Demonstrated understanding of ICT best practice principles
- Good broad technical understanding of hardware, software, applications, networks, communications technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and MacOS desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices, AV equipment, MFD’s and a laser printer fleet
- Experience in the practical usage cloud data services to store, share and consume data
- Knowledge in the creation and maintenance of a device agnostic managed and BYOT environment comprising of:
- Windows and MacOS desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices
- AV equipment
MFD’s and a laser printer fleet
Pre-Employment Checks & Qualifications
Working with Children Check
A Working with Children Check will need to be completed upon appointment.
Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or similar field
Current Drivers Licence
ITIL v3 Foundations (or higher) Certificate
Interested Applicants should apply immediately.