About this job
Image Courtesy of North Lakes State College
About North Lakes State College
North Lakes is located 25 kilometres north of the Brisbane CBD along the Bruce Highway. The college opened its doors in 2002 as a P-3 College.
North Lakes State College was planned as a unique State Government education facility, which would enable students to commence in Prep and continue through to Year 12 at the one school. This P to 12 college organisation provides a seamless progression for students, enabling them to build on their skills and knowledge without transition interruptions.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.