About this job
About the School
At Glenore Grove State School we offer students the opportunities to learn lifelong skills to prepare themselves for higher learning and to make meaningful contributions to our society. We are situated amongst farms and just off the Warrego Highway. Our school teaches values, kindness and inclusivity. We have strong curriculum focus on teaching the important necessity to be successful. Our motto of "success through work" is evident in both students and staff. We support the Department's vision of "Every student succeeding".
About the Role
Glenore Grove State School is a growing school in the Lockyer Valley. We are looking for a passionate educator to support the growth of the school.
To join the leadership team in the role of Head of Department, the following knowledge, skills and attributes will be essential:
- Lead the relevant curriculum areas or whole school program to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the curriculum areas or whole school program to achieve goals.
For a full list of mandatory requirements please see the attached role description.
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor and be in a position to provide reflections to the panel of their observation of your skills and capabilities)
- Attach a 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role and the critical capabilities you bring to Glenore Grove State School. Please frame this in the context of the information included in the attached role description particularly the key capabilities under the "how you will be assessed" section and the "your role" and "your opportunity" sections. (Do not respond to individual criteria).
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.