02 9494 6202
About this job
Educational Leader | Cottage Grove
Are you a Lead Educator who aspires to be a Centre Manager, but you're not sure how to get there? Our Educational Leader position is the perfect role to build on your leadership experience in a supportive and inspiring environment. Come and joins us on the journey…..
- Leadership Training – Participate in our inspiring leadership training to support your growth
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Educational Leader Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Journey Academy - Access to accredited training & short courses.
- High-Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
- Grow your career - You will be supported through each step of your career
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
About your New Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher or Diploma who is looking for that next leap into an Educational Leader role.
As our new Educational Leader, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment that meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, in line with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans.
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high-quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- State-specific Teachers Registration
ABOUT JOURNEY EARLY LEARNING:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning… where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.