About this job
Cover Supervisor - TRAINING IS PROVIDED
Are you a recent graduate who is interested in a career in education or an experienced cover supervisor that is looking for more regular work? Then look no further!
Veritas Education are working exclusively with a number of Secondary Schools in Preston, Blackpool, Leyland, Chorley, Wigan, Ormskirk, Fleetwood and Burnley. Due to the high demand, we are urgently recruiting Cover Supervisors to work both full and part time at our partner schools in the 2017/2018 academic year.
We are looking to appoint 5 Cover Supervisors per school and we will choose your schools based on suitability and location. Regular work in the same schools will allow you to build solid relationships which could in turn lead to more long-term positions within the schools.
The role of the cover supervisor is to:
- Supervise pupils whilst they carry out work that has been pre-prepared by a teacher. - Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work.- Deal with any immediate problems.- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Build report with students.
To get you ready for the role as a Cover Supervisor we will be holding free training courses.
The course will cover:
- The day-to-day role of a Cover Supervisor
- Your safeguarding responsibilities
- What 's expected of you in your new role
- Classroom management techniques and strategies.
The successful applicants will:
- Be qualified to degree level or have school support experience.
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children.- Be available at least 3 days a week.- Be flexible and available at short notice.
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£80 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks,
- References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying for the above Cover Supervisor/Supply Teacher opportunity and would like to hear more, then please contact Jamie Heath on 01772 846610 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'