About this job
Image Courtesy of Northview State School
About Northview State School
Northview School has a proud record of working with our local community to meet the educational needs of our students. Learning is our core business. We aim to fulfil our motto of ‘Growing Together' by creating a supportive and engaging environment for students, staff and the community.
It would be beneficial for the successful applicant to possess the following to support the successful performance of the role:
- Considerable experience and/or vocational training, applying knowledge and skills in a broad range of situations.
- Practical experience in administration, financial processes, human resource practices and facilities management with demonstrated knowledge of planning, directing, resource allocation and workforce management with DoE frameworks.
- Demonstrates experience of the following capabilities at a fundamental level―delivering results, effective decision making, innovation and change, and people development.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with empathy and influence in order to address problems and obtain cooperation and assistance in meeting required objectives.
As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for but not limited to the following:
- Operate autonomously in the provision of business services to the school, in an environment that at times exhibits a degree of complexity and frequently requires the interpretation of information and adaptation of processes.
- Provide a comprehensive range of administrative support (e.g. preparation of reports, and correspondence) and identify problems, conduct research, seek expert advice, recommend solutions.
- Undertake the day to day supervision and management of school support staff, including monitoring workloads and performance (working in collaboration with the Principal for any difficult performance management situations); identifying workforce capability requirements; and role modelling performance standards. In addition, this role will oversee for school support staff the signatories/approval of timesheets, leave applications, rosters, arrange relief; and organise, undertake and coordinate the recruitment, induction and training of school support staff.
- Support the Principal with the preparation and administration of the budget, undertaking day to day financial activities (e.g. reviewing school expenditure, managing payroll and purchasing, producing financial reports from OneSchool); seeking external expert financial advice when appropriate; proposing alternatives for managing the school's financial resources; and suggesting courses of action to routine and non-routine financial matters that comply with legislation and policy.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
om recruitment agencies will not be accepted.