About this job
Child Care Chef | Barangaroo
Join the fantastic team at Barangaroo! We are looking for an experienced Childcare Chef to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre.
You will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
This beautiful 'Exceeding' Centre in Barangaroo is a 108-place open plan service that provides a world-class early learning experience. Complete with lush gardens and natural resources, there are also three ateliers including a light and projector space, loose part environment and art studio. The team of friendly educators are professionals in their field and will inspire you in your pedagogical practice.
The benefits of working for Guardian Childcare & Education:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to create your own menus
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Chef you'll…
Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children. The role also involves;
- Developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensuring children’s health and wellbeing
- Build strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensuring best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Certificate III In Commercial Cookery or higher Is desirable
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!