08 7326 0200
About this job
- Newly created role - exciting opportunity to join leading provider of services to people on the autism spectrum
- Full time role - 3 years maximum term contract
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based at Aspect Treetop School in Ashford, South Australia
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,200 students, with more than 100 classes hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school.
What you will do: Aspect is seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated individual to join the school's senior Leadership Team as the School Business Manager. In this new role, you will support the Principal and become the first point of contact for the smooth running of the school's non-teaching operations and functions, including Finance and Property management, IT, HR/Recruitment, Fundraising, Quality and Risk, WHS, Communications and Customer Care as well undertake the supervision, development and management of the school support staff.
To be successful in this role, you will need strong analytical skill skills, commercial knowledge and aptitude, IT skills and be able to demonstrate project management capability.
This role requires travel between school sites, the national office at Frenchs Forest, NSW and other travel as required. The Business Manager is a non-teaching role with a requirement to work during both school term and non-term time. Click here to view the Position Profile.
About the School: Aspect Treetop School provides placement for up to 66 students on the autism spectrum. The school caters for all abilities across the spectrum for students from Reception to Year 10.
Key Responsibilities: Support the Principal with the following:
- Working with the Finance Team to manage the schools' financial processes and budgets
- Oversee the schools IT equipment and infrastructure, including hardware and software
- Manage the processing of student admissions, registrations, enrolments and transfers
- Preparation of local grant applications and cases for support to assist the school
- Organise local fundraising events and provide support to the P & F with their fundraising activities
- Supervision and management of school support staff, including recruitment, induction and training
- Preparation of contracts for all new staff including teachers
- Oversee the maintenance of school buildings in consultation with Aspect's Property and WHS managers
- Manage the design and production of school publications and documents
- Working with Communications, maintain the Aspect and other websites school content
- Assist with marketing and development of the school
- Provide advice on support structures/work practices to ensure compliance with Aspect policy and procedures
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in fields of Business or Commerce or other relevant degree
- Demonstrated commercial/business/project management experience
- Previous experience managing/coordinating property/facilities projects
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Proven skills/knowledge in complex office procedures
- Knowledge and/or previous work experience in education or disability settings
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Current South Australian Working With Children Check OR Child-Related Employment Assessment (DCSI)
- Reporting to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) certificate
- Valid South Australian Driver's Licence with use of own vehicle for business purposes
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free, increasing the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Manda Wilson, Principal, Aspect Treetop School on 08 7326 0200.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.