About this job
The Associate Principal will be a key member of a high preforming executive team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Principal to set the strategic direction of the school and implement the school's improvement agenda. The appointed employee will also have key responsibility for the supervision and management of key tasks, portfolio areas and teams across the school and will lead the team of deputy principals to deliver high quality outcomes aligned to the school's priority areas of literacy, numeracy, academic outcomes and teaching and learning. It is essential that the successful applicant has demonstrated capacity to use data effectively to analyse student and school performance and progress.
The responsibilities of the role may include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Australian Curriculum Years 7 to 10, including quality assurance
- Programs of Excellence
- Differentiation and pedagogical practices
- Student Wellbeing
- Inclusion and learning support services
- Student engagement
- Professional practices and building capacity
- Innovation Research and Development
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Community partnerships
A requirement of this role is: Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information regarding registration requirements please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Contact Name: Kay Louwrens, Executive Principal - (07) 3810 9333
Closing Date: Tuesday 19 March, 2019
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITY
URLMER304606_19T - Role Description - Stream 3, SL4, Associate Principal, P-10, P-12, SHS, State Schools Division, 171007.docx