The MAV is a membership driven association which provides a voice, leadership and professional support for mathematical education.
This non-profit professional Association was established in 1906, and incorporated in 1971. Currently we have over 1,600 members, from all sectors of education. The Association is governed by an elected Council, and employs a staffof seven people to run its operations at Cliveden, in Brunswick.
Our services include:
- Professional development - a range of different programs is offered throughout the year, catering for teachers from the Early Years to TAFE. PDs are held at in both metropolitan and regional venues.
- Annual Conference - held each December in Melbourne for over 2000 mathematics educators from Victoria, Australia and overseas.
- Student Activities - including the Maths Talent Quest, VCE Revision Lectures and Maths Games Days.
- Newsletters and journals - including the monthly newsletter, The Common Denominator, and our journals Prime Number and Vinculum.
- Publications - the MAV publishes and sells a wide range of teacher and student resources for P - 12, including VCE Trial Examinations and Solutions and VCE Revision books.
- Professional Advice - the MAV employs two full time Professional Officers who provide information, advice and contacts for Victorian teachers.
- Public Lectures - an occasional lecture series promoting mathematics to the community.
- Rooms available for meetings or training sessions. Download Room Booking Form.